Show Scheduling – Example 2
- 10 minute animation show loops from 5pm til 6pm
- Main show starts at 6pm. 4 songs play at the top and bottom of the hour through 10pm. The lights continue with some simple animation the remainder of the time.
- A shutdown sequence finishes the night.
- All lights off until 5pm next day.
- Your 4 Musical Sequences.
- (1) 10 minute animation sequence. You could also have (2) 5 minute animation sequences.
- Your sequence for the show finale at the end of the night.
5:00p-6:00p – startup.lss 6:00p-6:30p – mainshow.lss (Repeat this every half hour in your schedule until (and including) 9:00p) 9:30p-10:00p – finaleshow.lssWhy it works The when the end of a show is reached, which is defined by the stop time of the show, the software will do one of two things. 1) If a musical sequence is currently playing, the sequence will finish playing. The show will then proceed to the Shutdown tab. If nothing is in the Shutdown tab, the show ends. 2) If an animation sequence is currently playing, the animation will stop at the end of the show, regardless of where in the animation you are. The show will then proceed to the Shutdown tab. If nothing is in the Shutdown tab, the show ends. This is why this example shows animation sequences in the musical tab. Once the 4 songs are done playing, the animation sequences start. Since the animation sequences make the total length of the show longer than 30 minutes, we can be assured the musicals will not start again during the current showing. Since animation sequences are stopped immediately at the end of a show, the next show will start on time with the musical sequences. Note that we placed the finaleshow.lss in the 9:30 slot. For the 9:30 show the 4 songs will play, then the animation sequences. When 10:00pm hits, the software stops the animation and proceeds to the shutdown tab. This is where the finale for the evening plays. If you wanted the finale to play at the end of the 4 sequences you would simply place it after the last song, before the animations, in the finaleshow.lss.